backgrnd

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Story..Marriage, pregnancy and birth, part1




So many people don't know our story, so I am going to attempt to share of how Aaron and I got here.... with two baby girls. We met in a singles group at the church we both attended. We dated for 6 months before we got engaged and then 6 months later we were married on July 1st, 2006. Aaron and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary and we had two babies to remind us how blessed we are. Our wedding day started out normal with excitement and lots to do, but by afternoon it began to rain. Long story short the plan for having a beautiful outdoor wedding at Heritage Park in Bryan was soon shattered and we had to relocate to the reception sight in downtown Bryan. How amazing God is, because in less than two hours we had everything we could have asked for in a wedding. Everything happened the way it was supposed to....

You know what they say about rain on your wedding day.... fertility. I remember people mentioning it, but I just laughed and giggled. Well we know the end to that story.... twin girls two years later!!

We went to Puerto Villarta on our Honeymoon. We dreaded the day we had to return to reality, but we did and our life together began. The next year on our anniversary, Aaron and I celebrated in Zihauatenjo/Ixtapa, Mexico. We spent a week in the tropical area, relaxed on seven different beaches and experienced many surprises there. (A bug infested bungalo and a military helicopter landing three times within a 100 feet from our hotel room.) Neadless to say, we were ready to come back from that trip! Even through those experiences we love Mexico.. the culture, food and charm.




A month later we celebrated my 27th birthday. Then one month later we found out I was pregnant... we were both very excited. Our plan was to wait a year after getting married to start a family and so far our plan was working! Soon God reveals his plan to us... One month after the test was positive, we found out we were expecting twins!! October 8th. It was clear as day! Two beautiful fetuses. God is good!! Excitement and shock took over (first thoughts were two of everything!!), but that was only the beginning. Twins do run in my family. My Granny is a twin, her grandmother was a twin and my dad has some twins on his side as well. When I was a kid I wanted twins-just like any child, but once I was older I never thought it would happen to me.



Then at week 20 we found out that they were two girls! That was harder for me. I wanted either two boys or a boy/girl.. not two girls. I didn't know how to handle two girls. Everybody around me has boys and that is what I was used to.. Now I can't imagine my life without these two girls. Girls rock!! I cried to sleep some nights, scared and prayerful that they would love each other and love me.






No comments: